Ubiquiti airFiber 5XHD AF-5XHD 1.34 Gbit-s Wireless Bridge
General InformationManufacturer: Ubiquiti Networks, Inc
Manufacturer Website Address: www.ubnt.com
Brand Name: Ubiquiti
Product Line: airFiber 5XHD
Product Model: AF-5XHD
Product Name: 5 GHz Carrier Radio with LTU Technology
Ubiquiti continues to disrupt the wireless broadband market with revolutionary LTU technology that breaks through the limitations of 802.11 Wi-Fi technology. Designed for use in the 5 GHz frequency band, the new airFiber® AF-5XHD is Ubiquiti's first LTU radio, offering greater channel bandwidths of up to 100 MHz, and more advanced RF components.
Pair the AF-5XHD with a compatible Ubiquiti® airFiber X antenna or RocketDish™ antenna for a complete 5 GHz Point-to-Point (PtP) solution.
An IP67 upgrade kit is included to provide enhanced protection from dust and water.
Engineered for Performance
Designed specifically for the Wireless ISP industry from the ground floor up, the AF-5XHD's custom LTU silicon and radio architecture provide breakthrough performance. Its core communications processing engine surpasses the limitations inherent to generic Wi-Fi chips to provide low latency, long-range capability, DFS flexibility, higher constellations, and better power output, along with improved receive sensitivity.
The AF-5XHD features industry-leading 21.2 bps/Hz spectral efficiency, line-rate data packet processing for up to 1.34 Gbps of real data throughput, and innovative xtreme Range Technology (xRT™).
The AF-5XHD offers the following advanced features:
- Auto Output Power Enabled by default, the Auto Output Power option causes the AF-5XHD to set the output power (EIRP) to the appropriate level.
- Programmable Transmit Power The radio's transmit power level can be programmed up to +29 dBm.
- Programmable DL/UL Ratio The AF-5XHD can split downlink and uplink traffic and support asymmetric traffic as needed. DL/UL ratios include 25%, 33%, 50%, 67%, and 75%. The DL/UL Ratio is an essential part of GPS sync functionality; it must be the same in all APs that you wish to synchronize.
- Configurable GPS Synchronization The AF-5XHD offers configurable support for 2, 2.5, 4, and 5 ms frames. Timing is compatible with all other synchronous systems, and 5 ms frame length is compatible with airMAX networks.
- Split TX and RX Frequency The radio can operate on different frequencies for TX and RX, allowing great flexibility for interference avoidance.
- Split TX and RX Channel Bandwidth Support for different channel bandwidths for TX and RX allows users to scale required data capacity more efficiently.
- Adaptive Modulation up to 4096QAM Adaptive modulation rates of up to 4096QAM are supported.
- Dual Redundant Gigabit Ethernet Ports with PoE The AF-5XHD has two Gigabit Ethernet ports that can be used for redundant PoE power.
- Bluetooth Wireless Configuration Use the built-in Bluetooth interface for wireless configuration.
- AlignLock™ Antenna Aiming Guard This alerts the user when the radio or antenna aiming is changed due to tampering, impact, or storm damage.
- Redundant Images for Fail-Safe Configuration Creation of backup firmware images ensures fail-safe configuration and enhances reliability.
- Persistent Spectrum Analysis with Dedicated RX Perform real-time spectral analysis for the full band on live links without interrupting the link operation.
- Wide Voltage Range, Enhanced Surge Protection The AF-5XHD has an operating voltage range of 19-50VDC and provides enhanced surge protection.
Product Type: Wireless Bridge
Technical InformationBluetooth Standard: Bluetooth 4.0
Frequency Band: 5 GHz
Wireless Transmission Speed: 1.34 Gbit/s
MIMO Technology: Yes
Interfaces/PortsEthernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports: 1
PoE PD Port: Yes
Management Port: Yes
Physical CharacteristicsForm Factor: Pole-mountable
Height: 8.82" (224 mm)
Width: 3.23" (82 mm)
Depth: 1.89" (48 mm)
Weight (Approximate): 350 g